Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Nellie McKay

When I was in Jakarta few days ago, Ve took me to aksara and there, I found a very great CD.
First time I heard it, I was totally like it.
For I had no clue about the singer, I did a google.
And it's an understandable thing that I [and maybe a lot of people] don't know who's bloody Nellie McKay.

USA TODAY
"Her clever double-disc debut, Get Away From Me (take that, Norah Jones!),
was my favorite strolling-around-the-neighborhood recording of the year."

ROLLING STONE
Records of the Year "Get Away From Me," encompasses hip-hop,
dance pop and alternative rock as well as bubbly jazz on its two discs,
but it's McKay's laser-beam wit and able songwriting that made it one of the debut albums of the year."

Now, go shop and get your own McKay!

No comments:

Post a Comment