Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ramayana

Last night, I had a chance to see the joint performance between Thai and Indonesian dancers at Prambanan Temple.
Thanks to Paul and Permana, I got a nice view from my seat.

To see the show, reminds me to my childhood, few years ago when I was still in elementary school.
I remember it was an Indian's version, on tv every saturday noon. And I was so crazy, skipped whole noon classes just to watch the show!

Anyway, last night I noticed that Indonesians are so far beyond consideration for the feelings of others.

There was a moment when a man went to the stage and take the microphone after the whole speeches. And some of the audiences hush-hush him (not the same hush-hush like Patti Paige's hush, hush sweet Charlotte).
It was more like a "normal" people do to a dingo. Yes, they did so like the man was a dog or something. Really they were so unmannerly.

And when the show began, they did laugh at Thai people with their "funny" sound. Is it understandable to laugh when you hear funny language and tone for the first time?
No. You shall not laugh!!!

Oh maybe this is a good thing, when Indonesian dancers were on the stage, they gave a big applause. But personally I can see they chicken out to see how their dancers look compared to the Thai's.



Thai costums were really shiny (without the sense of being cheap) while Indonesian's were so humble.



Thai dancers could bring the chicness from that age...
Indonesian's were a bit show-off, with all the nipples (male's, sure) showed til the end.

Oh about the fights, I like it more when Indonesian dancers did the fight things, however Thai dancers (gently) posed particular positions of fight.

Note that they'll also do a joint performance at Gedung Kesenian Jakarta on Friday (Sept 30).


Both pictures taken by Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment